It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a ‘What’s your style’ post but I don’t want you to think I forgot about my mission! There are still lots of styles I’m not sure about. I can’t wait to get to the M’s – I’m ready to find out the difference between ‘Mod’ and ‘Modern’ – you? BUT I’m going to stick with my initial plan of going through the styles alphabetically so today we’re going to look at the style ‘Cottage Chic’.
I looked up ‘Cottage Chic’ on wikipedia and there was no definition. So, I did some googling of my own and here’s what I’m going to tell you I think some characteristics of ‘Cottage Chic’ are:
- plaid, checks & stripes
- busy with patterns and accessories
- furniture with turned legs
- cozy spaces
- warm color palettes of reds to rusts, yellows and golds
- Light, soft, and romantic colors with chic but practical and cozy furnishings
- Anything that has a romantic, soft appeal
- Well-worn or reused vintage looks using painted pieces, pale floral fabrics, and pretty accessories to achieve a soft, casual, romantic feel
- An eclectic mix of antique, vintage and new … a style that embodies simplicity, practicality, diversity, and flexibility
Now let’s take a look on etsy and see what we can find:
Treasury tool supported by the dog house
- Country Western
- High Fashion
- Hip Hop
- Hollywood Regency
- Mid Century
- Sci Fi
Burlesque is a literary, dramatic or musical work intended to cause laughter by caricaturing the manner or spirit of serious works, or by ludicrous treatment of their subjects. The word derives from the Italian burlesco, which itself derives from the Italian burla – a joke, ridicule or mockery.
Here’s a treasury I created to show some of the ‘Burlesque’ items on etsy – and yes – those are pasties…
I’m analyzing all the different ‘style’ option etsy gives you when listing a new item on my blog – and this week we’re at Burlesque! Fun!
Treasury tool by Red Row Studio
Boho-chic is a style of female fashion drawing on various bohemian and hippie influences… “Boho” is an abbreviation of bohemian.
This is personally one of my favorite styles and if I only had smaller hips I would completely be a Boho Chick.
Once again I couldn’t find an actual definition for the “Beach Style” so here are some items I found on etsy classified as ‘beach’:
the newest in my ‘What’s Your Style’ series – today we are checking out the ‘Beach’ style – a place I wish I was right now!
Treasury tool by Red Row Studio.